Week 9- Seriously Yours, Games

I  struggled. I had never realized that empathy games were even a thing. Playing Spent in class last week made me realize how deeply a game can make you think as well as how games can uncover how you prioritize certain things in your life. In the game Spent, I    had to choose between, paying a bill and having my child teased at lunch for having it homemade. I    picked my child.  I'd never realized that as much as we as humans like to think that we think logically, a lot of our emotions and actions are motivated my emotion and pride. This game really shined a light on that part of my character. Even a fellow classmate expressed the emotional difficulty in decision making through this game.
 I    think that games like this can definitely be beneficial, if not for teaching empathy, then for teaching you about yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned in Net Nar Is!!

Blog Week6

Alchemist week 4 - One Does Not Simply Make NetNarr Memes